Sunday, October 7, 2007

Conference is over :(

Hello family and friends,
I had a very enjoyable time watching conference this weekend. I really felt like the talks were wonderful and inspired. They were really helpful to me and will continue to be helpful to me. So I'm glad about that.
Yesterday between conferences, my roommate and I went out to play soccer at a park near where we live. It was pretty cool, but a little wet and cold. I hadn't played soccer in a while and the ball was pretty slippery, needless to say, no talent scouts were coming after me that day.
School is going really well. I only have one more midterm and it's going to be during class. I can't tell you how happy that makes me because that means it's going to take less than an hour. I am very happy with the results of the midterms I've already taken. I haven't scored less than a 90%! The one I was most happy about was statistics, where I score a 96%. Oh baby! I think I spoke with only exclamation points for the next three days!
What else is new...
I couldn't find enough people for my intramural team and so we had to forfeit. I'm now looking for a team to join. I hope that they have a better schedule than we did because I wasn't able to make it to four of the six games we had scheduled. That was a bummer.
I don't have a calling in my new ward yet.
I will be playing with my folk group in the "Fiddle Fest" in the beginning of November. I'm pretty excited about that. The music we are playing is causing me to stretch. I didn't know that playing the guitar could work out your hand so much. I can only play like the first minute of one of the songs because the chords work my hand so hard it hurts really bad. But it will get better. Maybe I will find some way of posting a video so that everyone can see us in action!
The pictures of the Indian shirts should be up shortly! Thank you all so much for reading and commenting!
Love,
Craig

4 comments:

R and M said...

Craig, I wanted to call you this morning to talk about General Conference, but Ryan discouraged me. Something about it only being 6:45 am there. I thought that since you work at the MTC you must keep a missionary schedule which means you would be up of course. Oh well.
By the way, I think that GQ just got a hold of your blog spot. I think that you should be getting some calls shortly.

Douglas & Lucinda Johnson said...

Craig--
We got to see Saturday morning conference on Sunday morning. We will watch the other sessions each week for church for the next month. That will be so great. Needless to say, I haven't heard any of the other talks, so I can't vote. Sorry!
Congratulations on your midterms!!!
Love, Mom

Amber F said...

Thanks for the pictures Craig. Spencer really will appreciate them. I'm also glad that you finally took a shower.
Way to go on busting a move on your midterms. That must mean that you finally found your niche in school. Awesome.
I can't vote either. Something about peeing in pants, band competition, naptime, you know. I liked Sis. Beck's from the RS broadcast.

Ben said...

Craig, what's been going on in your life lately. A life update and some sweet pictures of you and your girlfriend would be so rad.