Sunday, February 3, 2008

Show-and-Tell

Hello Family and Friends!
I have once again waited a long time to post something on my blog! I think this may be because I want you to really appreciate them when they come...
So here's what's going on!
Classes are crazy! I am a little worried about my Wildlife Plant ID class. I study and study for our weekly quiz and then, without fail, I forget everything that I have learned the moment the quiz starts. We have to know anywhere from 14-29 plants per week and be able to recognize them and know their family name, scientific name, and common name, as well as whether they are a perennial or annual, and if they are a native or introduced species. It makes me crazy! But I am going to get the hang of it soon. My other study methods have been unsuccessful, so I'm moving on.
Last night we had a really cool ward activity. It was also my roommate Ben's birthday, and one of my other friends had a New Orleans Mardi Gras party at her house. It was a busy night. I had a lot of junk food, but then was able to get some real food in the form of jumbalaya.
It was really good. After a bunch of junk eating and other eating, we had our ward activity at the skating rink really close to the apartment complex. It was awesome. We played broomball wearing just our shoes, no skates. They had these fake brooms that were really sturdy-I remember breaking a broom or two in ward activities in Iowa...I only had a couple of injuries. I will include some high resolution, high quality pictures of my injuries for all to enjoy. They are not as bad as they look in the pictures, don't worry. It was a blast, and apparently my Bishop is some kind of professional.
What else is going on...
Heidi invited me to eat with her family tonight. I think it is one of her brothers' birthday. Everyone is going to be there. I was also invited when it was her dad's birthday a while ago. It was really funny because her mom thanked me for coming to "show-and-tell". It was really good and they are really nice and fun, so I'm excited to go back.
I think that's all for now! I hope that everyone is doing great! I realized that I have some time to update my blog as I am sitting here on Sunday mornings, so hopefully I will be more regular. With writing in my blog :P
Love,
Craig

5 comments:

Ben said...

You should have included a picture of the sock too. That would have been sweet.

Douglas & Lucinda Johnson said...

Nice glasses Craig! It sounds like you're really busy. Have you tried the plant names to songs? That should help you remember -- even though it may disrupt the rest of the class while you sing them back!
Have a good week!
Love, Mom

Hannah said...

I like the peppers. Have you proposed to Heidi yet? I'm glad you finally posted those pictures in facebook. Its about time.

Why is there a radom picture of a knife at the bottom of your page?

Amber F said...

YOU'RE ALIVE??

I think Mom's idea of putting the plants to a song is a fabulous idea! That could be a good time, if you know what I mean.

When do you get to come visit me? Sometimes Corbin reminds me so much of you that I want to pull my hair out (in a loving sort of way, of course). For instance, last night at dinner he started singing a song he learned in school and tapping the table. Sound familiar?? I think it's suspicious, especially since you're too far away to have taught him such. Hope you have a great week. Don't wait so long next time...

Douglas & Lucinda Johnson said...

Good thing we never did any real wilderness survival as a boy scout. I could just picture you chumping on a pine cone instead of the more 'edible' wilderness food.

We'll have to have Hannah show us how to get to your facebook. Dad