Monday, February 11, 2008

Life as I know it

Hello everyone,
Things are going pretty well here in Provo. I am feeling a little tired but other than that things are great. I had a really happening week this week. Let's start at the very beginning...
So, I don't know how many of you had heard, but Heidi and I broke up last week. We got back together this week and things are going great! The more I think about what happened, the more I think that I wasn't thinking. Heidi is awesome!
I know that other things don't really compare to that one, but I will surge ahead anyway. This week I got a bread maker at DI. I'm pretty excited about it. My very first experimental loaf is in the machine RIGHT NOW! I know you all probably can't control your excitement, but you will have to wait for a picture. Sorry.
This weekend I had the opportunity to go camping near Goblin Valley in southern Utah. It was pretty cold, but pretty awesome. We went on a hike in a slot canyon and it was really neat. There was a while where I probably wouldn't have fit if I wasn't going sideways. The rocks were really neat and all swirly and red. It was really cool. We went to the actual Valley of the Goblins and that was pretty cool too. It has some hoodoos similar to Bryce Canyon, but they are a little smaller and not quite so sturdy. It was all held together by dirt. I would say it was a mix between Bryce Canyon and the Badlands. We were able to run around there and climb on things and it was a blast. I really wanted to play kick the can, but we didn't :( I guess you can't have everything...
So, after a short trip home (I was really tired by this time) it was time to shower and get ready for my friend's birthday party! Her party took place at a tumbling gym near Springville. It was super fun. There were trampolines all over the place, and a foam pit that you could jump into in any way and not get hurt. It was a blast! I am a little sore today though.
Today I had the opportunity to play my violin in church with my roommate Tyler. We both accompanied the choir. I think that it sounded pretty neat, but I wasn't on the other side...Tyler definitely played the harder part, and that is OK with me.
Well, things are going great here! I'm excited for my vacation tomorrow, where I will work at least two shifts! Does anyone know any good recipes for honey butter?
Love,
Craig

2 comments:

Amber F said...

Honey butter? Craig...let's think about that one....I let butter soften and then mix in honey until it is the right consistency and taste. Quite simple really. Good luck. Sounds like you're having too much fun and not enough studying though. Don't forget to crack the books.

Love, Amber

R and M said...

Dear Craig, We hope you're still alive and making great bread. Perhaps the tumbling party affected your ability to type another fine post to your blog. Happy birthday on Tuesday. Don't forget to open your present and release yourself from the voodoo curse you've been living under. - Michelle & Ryan